polk audio center speaker
2022 Polk audio s35 review
Polk Audio has updated its line of Signature E home theater speakers. New products are certified for Hi-Res audio playback. The Signature E series is built on the basis of the regular Signature, but has technologies borrowed from the brand’s top lines.
Polk audio signature S35
In order to make the sound of the Polk Audio Signature S35e as rich and bass as possible, given the width of its cabinet, the speaker is equipped with six 3-inch woofers. These radiators are equipped with combined cones made of mica and polypropylene, and they feature proprietary Dynamic Balance technology.
At the center of the front panel of the Polk audio center speaker is a 1-inch tweeter with a high-tech terylene dome material, which has excellent anti-resonance characteristics. The tweeter is housed in a shallow round sound guide that increases its sensitivity and provides the necessary focus and detail of the sound. All speakers are connected to a crossover filter made from selected components. A pair of gold-plated screw terminals is used to connect to the amplifier.
To further expand the range of reproduced low frequencies, the Polk Audio Signature S35e is equipped with a bass reflex. Its two outlets are located on the rear panel and feature the patented Power Port design. It provides for the presence of special dividers for the outgoing air flow. This provides a more even distribution of bass in the room, and also allows the Polk Audio Signature S35e to be placed close to a wall without distorting the bass response.
The speaker can be placed on any suitable shelf or in a blind niche, as well as hung on the wall - in a horizontal or vertical position. In the latter case, the Polk Audio S35 E can also be used to sound stereo channels, and three such speakers form a complete front set.
Polk website: Polk.
Specifications Polk S35
- Number of lanes 2
- Number of speakers 7
- Chassis type bass-reflex, two Power Ports with a cone "split" on the rear panel
- Body material MDF
- Tweeter 1" (25.4 mm) terylene dome tweeter, ceramic magnet system; housed in a shallow waveguide
- Mid/bass drivers 6 x 3" (76.2 mm) mid/bass drivers with mica-reinforced polypropylene cones, Dynamic Balance system
- Overall frequency response 53 Hz - 40 kHz
- Crossover frequency 2.5 kHz
- Impedance 8 ohm
- Sensitivity 98 dB
- Recommended amplifier power 20-150 W
- Input connectors 2 gold-plated screw terminals
- Anti-diffraction grill yes
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 620x104x155 mm
- Weight 6.35 kg